1 Day Tactical Carbine
Most tactical carbine courses center around the idea that the trainee will be a part of a team if he has to use his rifle. When you look at the rifle or carbine as a defensive tool for the law abiding citizen you must take into account that it is very likely that the individual would be alone or the only member of the family with a long arm. So we are forced to think about and train to defend ourselves, our family and possibly others with a long gun. We must train some things differently than if we were a part of a team. This is not a novice course!
Course Goal: To correlate fight tactics with the rifle manual of arms for the individual rifleman.
How will you deal with a threat to the rear when your in the prone position? How do you reload in unorthodox positions? Can you access your magazines? do you maintain possession of your magazines? This course will get you thinking outside the box of traditional rifle fight training. this course will also proof your gear and gear placement. Whether your Rifle Kit is in the form of a bug out bag, chest rig or Plate carrier this course will point out the flaws and give you an opportunity to proof your gear in a training environment. Bring any rifle to this course. You can use a 10/22 or a mini 14, an AK or an AR, bring what you have.
No donut time in this class. This is a physically demanding course. Shooters will be changing positions rapidly with dynamic movement. If your unsure of your ability or have an injury or disability let the instructors know so we may assist in developing freestyle movement that will work with your abilities. Our goal is to train those who want to train regardless of physical ability. Just because one is restricted by a disability doesn’t mean they can’t fight with a rifle.
- Q & A
- Discuss the Proper Attitude, Knowledge and Skill
- Discussion about the Rifle “Kit” and Gear
- Review Rifle Fundamentals/marksmanship
- Confirm Zero
- Ready and Shooting Positions
- Loading, Reloading and malfunction clearing
- Accuracy Drills
- Positions and the use of cover
- 360 movement and engagement
What to Bring
- Long sleeve shirt, (gloves optional)
- Long pants
- Rifle Kit, (cargo pockets, bug out bag or chest rig)
- Any Rifle (bring 3 mags if it takes mags) (Rentals available)
- Pistol, holster and magazine holders (Rentals available)
- 450 rounds of Rifle ammunition
- 100 rounds of Pistol ammunition
- Lunch, Snacks & water
Prerequisite: Practical knowledge of the rifle and marksmanship fundamentals. If your not sure if this class is for you call me directly at 310-415-2133 so we can discuss it.